Saturday, October 10, 2009

Suhweet!

Let's just say I was more than a little excited when my daughter told me she wanted to be Annie for Halloween. So I went searching for patterns. With no actual costume pattern for Annie, I decided to shop my pattern stash and found this pattern:While the pattern isn't perfect, it certainly was a start.

I spent this evening almost complete redrawing most elements. Here are the changes I made:
  • I folded out the bodice pleats.
  • I took off inches in the sleeve in width so that there will not be so much gathered material in the armscye seam and at the bottom of the sleeve.
  • I widened the contrasting band on the sleeve by a couple inches.
  • I changed the collar to be pointed rather than curved.
  • I complete redrew the skirt portion so that it is an A-line cut rather than a gathered square-cut.
  • I will create a belt rather than ribbon for the waist detail.
  • I will also add black piping to the sleeve detail and the belt.
Wish me luck. I hope everything works with all these changes. I did wonder at one point why I just didn't start from scratch.

No comments: