Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sizing . . . Grrr

Why, I ask, do pattern company measurements not work? I sewed the front gores of the Butterick skirt together and the back gores. All seemed fine until I put the invisible zipper in and realized the skirt was going to fall right off my hips if I didn't take it in.

I have gained weight and no longer fit into the size 14 that I had made for years. Because of this, I have been procrastinating making anything vaguely fitted. So I took the plunge and cut a size 20, per the envelope sizing guide. Now I get to go back and sew the side seams at a very large seam. Hopefully the skirt will look properly proportioned, as I don't want to go back and rip the seams on all the other seams and restitch.

I'm frustrated and wish that I could rely on the pattern sizing measurements of accurate sizing. Soon, I'll hopefully either lose weight or have my new size down pat. We'll see.

No comments: