Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pinstriped skirt

Well, my USB port is down, so I can't upload pics at the moment. I have a new project. The fabric is a maroon rayon pants-weight with gray and black pinstripes that my mother picked up in San Diego last year. It was supposed to be pants (I was going to use the Sandra Betzina pattern that was fitted to me at her workshop), but the rayon fabric shrank too much.

So I decided to make a skirt using the Butterick 4620 pattern. I think it will work nicely.

Today I spent time threading the machine, marking fabric and testing stitches. All that not-so-fun-but-necessary stuff. I decided to serge all the edges now so that I can press the seams open. The seams look much better that way. Hopefully, I get this project done soon. My mom bought the fabric a year ago. I'd like to show her that it's actually being made. Plus, research papers come in in a couple weeks, at which point life as I know it comes to a halt.

No comments: