Monday, June 30, 2008

A bag and a new hobby

This is the bag I made using the tutorial I found online for the grocery bag pattern. You basically use a plastic bag as your pattern. I used a pair of DH's pants that had a tear in the tush area too large to patch. I thought he'd like the bag for shopping, but after he scoffed at the idea, I decided to girly the bag up by using a butterfly fabric for the lining, then fussy cutting some butterflies and embroidering a swirly design. I like it. So does DD who has inherited the bag.

As it turned out, the pants legs were not wide enough to use the pattern in full, so it's not really as big as it could be.

More pics:



I plan on making some more of these this month.


Now, I need a new hobby like a need a tall glass of acid, but here it is. I made my first piece of jewelry. Long story short: It's a very simple bracelet made to go with the blue top I made. I want to make some earrings to go with it. I'm hooked, though. I want to make more.


And here is DD making her anklet at the bead store.

No comments: