Monday, June 30, 2008

Finally, A Finished Project






I finished my Simplicity 4076 top. I LOVED this pattern. It was easy and fast to put together. Plus, it looks nice. I used a soft rayon knit I found at Joann's for $2 a yard. I couldn't believe I found something that wasn't polyester and at such a great price. I made a size 14 in the shoulders and tapered up to a 16 in the hips. I added 1 inch for length because I wanted a longer style, and because of that addition, I add a quarter inch to the bottom width. It fits great and feels nice.


The one mistake I made was not basting the back neck area, as the instructions directed. As you can see in the pic below, I stretched out the neckline, but at least my hair hides it, and I'll be more careful with the next top.



This is the "right" side of the fabric, which I used as the wrong side. It has a bit of glitter in it which, believe it or not, actually detracted from the vibrance of the rich blue color. Fortunately, it doesn't itch at all.

No comments: