Monday, August 10, 2009

Dusting Off the Ole Sewing Machine




Yay! I have finally gotten the sewing bug again. I needed a simple and fast project, and that's exactly what I got. I made this skirt for my daughter. She picked out the fabric first; we found the pattern later.
I cut a size 4 in width and 6 in length. It fits her well, I think.
We have a woven fabric for the top, which was largely why we picked this project. Now I'm not so sure I want to do the shirt. The fabric is striped, which I picture as being pretty busy with this skirt. Plus, a woven top like this just doesn't sound comfortable to me, and I'm not so sure I like the cut of that top. We'll see. Maybe I'll talk her into making PJ pants with it and finding a nice knit T to wear with the skirt.


With the way my schedule is so busy when I'm in school, I think it's important to stick to simple and relatively fast projects. The days of fitted jackets are going to have to wait until I'm not so busy.




No comments: