Saturday, August 8, 2009

Some recent projects

I spent Friday night at County Purr Farm, our local scrapbooking store. I love it when my friends I get the opportunity to do this. We enjoy one another's company and get to work on our latest projects. We catch up on one another's lives, give scrapbooking advice, laugh and eat chocolate. Last night I was there for over four hours and somehow left with only two things: a single 12X12 layout and a card. So not the best use of time, but I was happy with what I brought home. Plus the store was having a clearance sale, so I spent time shopping and brought home some of my favorite Chatterbox papers.

I have been into two things lately: using grids for my photos and using tan colored cardstock as the background. I love how pretty much any color works with it and how, despite what I expected, it does not suck out the energy from the photos.

This page incorporates both elements. It's about what a great father my husband it. The journaling is behind the bamboo stamped cardstock and tells a couple stories that illustrate his love and devotion to our kids.
My cousin got married today, so I made this card for her. It took forever for something so simple. The inside has a quote stamped in it. My favorite part about this card are the tiny blue gemstones I placed in the center of some of the flowers. It adds dimension and sparkle. I didn't get to go to the wedding, since I have a sick kid, but I did send the card and a gift certificate with my parents.


No comments: