Sunday, June 29, 2014

I Have Been Busy, Just Not Posting

Hello. I decided to take time off from both blogs so I could live more in the real world. However, prompted by a mixed media challenge, I decided to return and dust off this blog a bit.

So on to the important stuff. I came across The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. It's a brand new challenge that I discovered while on vacation. I got home last night and decided I wanted to participate in the first challenge, which gave me this morning to get the page completed and put together. No worries. I made a simple page using sprays - the theme for June. (Apologies in advance for the poor-quality photos. Time is not on my side this morning, so these will have to do.)

Here is the finished page:
I started with these Dylusions sprays:

 Then added some visual texture with some stencils, some bubble wrap and these sprays:


To create this background:
I didn't have a lot of time, so I dug out some pre-cut die cuts lying around I had planned on using for cards. These are die cuts of Twinkling H2Os on watercolor paper and then cut using Papertrey Ink butterfly dies and happy die. I inked the edges using a black distress ink pad.

The final step was adding the quote from Thich Nhat Hahn: The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.

Thus, this page was born:



7 comments:

Lula said...

Simply love the colours of your work!

joy said...

This is just gorgeous and you did a fabulous job with the colors in such a short amount of time. I love your project!

Thank you for your visit to my blog; I so appreciate it!!

Donna B. said...

Beautiful journal spread! I love how you created the background! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Lynn K said...

Love the bright colors you used for your background! Great page! Thanks for joining us in our first Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Melanie said...

So pretty and happy, Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Lalo said...

So bright and happy! Adore the background!!!

-Lalo
DT at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge

Rachel said...

beautiful page! I love the subtlety of the stencils and bubble wrap. we're glad your dusted off the blog to join us! Thank you so much for getting inky with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com