Monday, December 29, 2014

Trying to hone my art skills

As an educator, I am lucky enough to get two weeks off for the holidays. During this time, I usually spend time with family, nap, and hone my creative skills. I have decided this time around to work on my painting skills. Instead of working in my art journal, I chose to work on loose-leaf watercolor paper.

In the interest of being brave and sharing more of my work with the world, I have decided to make an effort to post my work here more often. (It helps that Santa brought me a scanner/printer, which makes it a lot easier to get images in a digital format and uploaded.)

Anyway, here are two pieces I worked on. As you can probably tell, one came developed more successfully than the other.


I worked on the two pieces simultaneously, painting a layer on one image and then working on the other while the paint dried. Media: collage, acrylics, spray inks, and charcoal.

No comments: