Friday, January 2, 2015

Guitar mixed media piece

For the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge, the challenge for January 2015 is to use something new to you. I was a little stuck on this, since I am in a (happy) groove making pieces using a very similar pattern, but then I remembered that I purchased some aquarelle sketching pencils that I hadn't used yet, so I dug them out and started sketching on top of a background I made yesterday.

Media: collage, Dylusion sprays, acrylics, aquarelle pencils, and charcoal.

Celebrating the new year with some painterly hands and some family time. How are you bringing in the new year?

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome stuff!

Donna B. said...

This is a great project. Love your sketching. Glad you were able to try something new! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Unknown said...

Love your sketching - I have some of those pencils I don't think I have ever used either - thank you for inspiring me try them out!!

Rachel said...

oh i LOVE the aquarelle pencils! im so glad you gave them a try. your art piece is really beautiful. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lynn K said...

GREAT project - love the happy colors! I love the aquarelles too and I'm glad you got to use them! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab project

Renee Stien said...

very cool piece!