Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cards for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge

I can never have enough cards for teachers. Between my two kids' teachers and the many teachers I work with, I often have a need for a card to thank a teacher. These cards will likely be used to welcome the new teachers to the department I work with. 

I was really inspired by the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge: using die cuts for water-coloring. Once I made one card, I couldn't stop. So much fun!

One glitch I ran into is that the die cuts left adhesive on the final product. I used the temporary spray adhesive. I don't know if I used too much adhesive or what. I think it will be okay, but I definitely have to store these in a closed space so that dust doesn't start to stick to the remaining adhesive and make the cards look dirty.




5 comments:

lexi said...

pretty cards - and so many!! it's possible that you sprayed too much or too close and that's why some adhesive was left behind. you might be able to rub it away gently with an eraser or lightly dust powder over it to "match" the paper before dust has a chance! thanks so much for playing!!

Nancy Penir said...

Ooooh, loved reading Lexi's comment. Fix its are always welcome. 3 great cards! The teachers will love them!

victoria h said...

lovin' the artsy look

Cheryl M said...

Lexi, thanks for the tips. I am guessing I sprayed too much AND too closely.

Leigh Penner said...

These are so pretty!