Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Next up?

My next project will be a Butterick pants pattern: 5044. I bought a polyester blend (the bolt didn't say what the other fabric is). It's a black linen-look fabric with a great drape. I have a couple of concerns about this project: A) Will it fit? I'm making a medium, even though my measurements tell me to make a large, because it looks very loose fitting (and because I didn't buy the envelope with a large in it (and because I can't handle the thought of making a large)). B) Will it be too bulky in the waist area? The problem with elastic waist pants is that the waist has to be large enough to fit over the hips, and for a pear like me, that can mean a lot of fabric in the stomach area. C) Will my serger work? My daughter was playing around on my sewing table and knocked my serger off the table. Parts fell off. I cried. It was ugly. I haven't mustered up enough nerve to check it out yet. This project will force me into it.

Anyway, I cut the fabric with the only change being extending the back crotch curve by about 3/4 inch. More to come on that project as it progresses.

No comments: