Monday, April 30, 2012

WitL 2012 - Friday


The main story of the day is that Jason love his job as much as I do. I tip-toed into his classroom during class to take some photos. He wasn't exactly thrilled with the camera, but as usual, as soon as I entered the room, I could sense the happy, upbeat attitude of his classroom. He teaches all A.P. classes this year. Just recently, he applied for the Rotary Excellence in Teaching award. Part of his application shows graphs of the improvement in both the A.P. Lit and A.P. Language scores after he started teaching them. Just one bit of evidence of his excellence as a teacher.

The kids had good days. Roz got to wear PJs to school - a celebration of successfully completing their CRTs. We also found out Roz's friend is visiting her grandma - who lives near us - for a while. She is excited to have someone to go play with. Our neighborhood isn't like mine as a child. Most of the houses on my street had young kids, and we would spend every evening outside playing with one another. There are almost no kids on our block, so having someone she can go play with on a moment's notice is a pretty splendid change of pace.

For internship hours, I helped supervise the senior-senior prom. Okay, honestly, I wasn't needed, but the activities director was kind enough to let me hang out with her and see what she does at these kind of things. The senior-senior prom is an event they hold the day before prom. Since the gym is decorated so beautifully, they hold a free dance for local seniors the night before. The kids who helped put together the prom ballroom host the event. I loved being there. The senior citizens who attended had a great time dancing, and I loved seeing them teach the high school students how to dance - everything from swing dancing to line dancing. It was a happy event all around.
Morning!

Climbing into bed with mama is nice.

Let's go.

Bye, Dad.

Jason teaching. Not the best picture, but he was getting irritated with me.

I had to include this silly picture of my students. They make me laugh.


The lunchroom where Jason and I eat everyday with colleagues.


Evidence of spring - seed pods on the Maple tree.

Roz, her friend, and the neighbor boys.

Showing off the necklace he got from the treasure box at school.

His bling.

Feeding the dogs.

The gym was completely transformed for the prom.

Case in point. Does this look like a school gym?

More Old Hollywood decor.

Tearing it up - a couple dances at the senior-senior prom.

The chandeliers.


No comments: