Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WItL - Day 2 - Spring 2012

The kids in Daddy's car. He usually takes them to school. (He usually picks them up too, but I did that today.)
Today was an uplifting day. I got word that the San Francisco doctors were not convinced that my brother's MRI results showed growth in the tumors and that they are hopeful they can manage the tumors. This is refreshing, happy news.

After work, I picked up the kids. We got drinks at Sonic and went to "the new park." On our way there, Sawyer told Rosalind - without prompting - that he thinks she is beautiful. I asked him what he said, and he said, "I don't want to tell you." He is such a sweet boy, and this moment made my day.

The big story of the day is that our good friend Adam Whatley won Teacher of the Year for the Carson City School District. This makes me very happy: He is very deserving. Before the school board meeting, I went to dinner with Sharon and Terri. It was exciting to hear his name called. Too bad he couldn't be there for the announcement; he is taking kids to the international robotics competition.

Song of the day: "Brand New Shoes" by the Lazy Eights.

Rosalind brought home a cabbage plant for a school competition.

When I picked Sawyer up from school, all the kids were outside playing.

Sawyer's flower for spring decorations.

Enjoying climbing.

A refreshing Sonic drink - $3 for all three of our drinks.

"Who's there?"

But Rozzie climbs it!


Doesn't she look like a big kid here?

The two Macy girls.

Sharon, Terri and me at my favorite restaurant - The Basil. Going to dinner with my girlfriends is one of my favorite activities. I wish I had more time to do it more often.

Adam's family waiting listening to Mr. Beck talk about Adam. Adam's dad helped him a lot with the robotics team (call Brobotics).

Adam's video saying hello.

Terri receiving her husband's award for him.

Sharon and I were thrilled to hear a previous student Julie was Classified of the Year for Student Support Services. Julie demonstrated her maturity and command over language when she accepted her award.

No comments: