Thursday, July 31, 2014

Some other attempts at the household items

Well, I have been busy all month making items for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge, but apparently lax on the posting, so I have a couple here to add, each in a separate post. This was created in my Dylusions journal using the July prompt of incorporating household items.

This is one I am particularly fond of only because the eagle is made from a homemade stencil. I love it when I can incorporate my own design into . . . well, my design. The household product used was a sewing pattern. Plus, the stencil was made from a plastic file folder.

Journaling reads: The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice; it is conformity. -- Rollo May

May we all be free from the desire to conform.




4 comments:

Donna B. said...

Great journal page! I love that you made your own stencil. Thanks for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Melanie said...

Great project. Thank you for joining with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Rachel said...

i LOVE your stencil! it looks beautiful on this page. the quote is perfect. Thank you so much for playing Around the House with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lynn K said...

LOVE the homemade stencil! It is so pretty on your art journal page! Thanks for joining us in our Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!